Do you love Barossa wines? Why not join us at Greenock Estate and learn the history behind the viticulture, winemaking and wine styles of Australia’s most famous wine region – the Barossa.
Our wine ambassador will take you on a two hour, fun and informative Barossa Wine School Level 1 Certification class as you taste your way through six to eight Barossa wines and learn the:
- History, heritage, geography and climate of the Barossa – why these specific factors make such globally awarded and appreciated wines.
- Differences between the two distinct sub regions of the Barossa – Barossa Valley and Eden Valley. And why these regions continually produce different quality and award winning styles of Barossa wines.
- Barossa production key facts – and who doesn’t like a few facts!
- The strict guidelines that ensure the legacy of our region such as our Barossa Chapters including what is certified as a Barossa Old Vine, what is classed as Rare & Distinguished and some fun dirt facts on Barossa Grounds.
- Key wine styles currently produced and grape varieties grown.
The wines you will taste in this class cover multiple of aspects of the Barossa wine from:
- Eden Valley Riesling
- Barossa Valley Grenache
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barossa Shiraz
- Alternate Variety/Style from Barossa
- And a Rare and Distinguished Barossa wine
A Barossa tasting platter is also included to help cleanse your palate throughout the tasting.
If you choose, you may then undertake a short multiple choice examination and if successfully passed by 70% or above, you will be gifted with a printed certificate titling you – Barossa Enthusiast.
This a specialist program developed by the Barossa Grape and Wine Association and we are proud to offer this experience as a fun and informative way to gain a greater understanding of wines from our globally renowned region.
Duration: 3 hours
Investment: $120 per person
Bookings: Essential – please complete the form below.