Barossa Wine School
Barossa Wine School
Do you love Barossa wines? Why not join us at Greenock Estate and learn the history behind the viticulture, winemaking and wine styles of Australia’s most famous wine region – the Barossa.
Our wine ambassador will take you on a two hour, fun and informative Barossa Wine School Level 1 Certification class as you taste your way through six to eight Barossa wines and learn the:
- History, heritage, geography and climate of the Barossa – why these specific factors make such globally awarded and appreciated wines.
- Differences between the two distinct sub regions of the Barossa – Barossa Valley and Eden Valley. And why these regions continually produce different quality and award winning styles of Barossa wines.
- Barossa production key facts – and who doesn’t like a few facts!
- The strict guidelines that ensure the legacy of our region such as our Barossa Chapters including what is certified as a Barossa Old Vine, what is classed as Rare & Distinguished and some fun dirt facts on Barossa Grounds.
- Key wine styles currently produced and grape varieties grown.
The wines you will taste in this class cover multiple of aspects of the Barossa wine from:
- Eden Valley Riesling
- Barossa Valley Grenache
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barossa Shiraz
- Alternate Variety/Style from Barossa
- And a Rare and Distinguished Barossa wine
A Barossa tasting platter is also included to help cleanse your palate throughout the tasting.
If you choose, you may then undertake a short multiple choice examination and if successfully passed by 70% or above, you will be gifted with a printed certificate titling you – Barossa Enthusiast.
This a specialist program developed by the Barossa Grape and Wine Association and we are proud to offer this experience as a fun and informative way to gain a greater understanding of wines from our globally renowned region.
Hosted by Master of Wine – Phil Reedman
Duration: 3 hours
Investment: $120 per person
Bookings: Essential – please complete the form below.
Friday 21 June 2019 – 10am to 1pm
Friday 30 August 2019 – 10am to 1pm
Friday 1 November 2019 – 10am to 1pm
Make a Booking
Classes between 4 to 18 people.
We are happy to accommodate larger groups, but fees may vary depending on requirements.
Please book using the Booking Form.
Alternatively, contact our cellar door on 08 8563 2898 or firstname.lastname@example.org
12 Basedow Road, Tanunda SA 5352
(+61) 8 8563 2898
Erica 0490 047 972